This is one of the three pies I made for Thanksgiving.
It was the first pie to disappear and also became a request for Christmas! I’ve made other pecan pies in the past, but I believe this to be the best and the easiest!
Pecan Pie (By: Marta Stewart)
-Basic Pie Crust
-4 Large Eggs
-1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
-1/3 Cup packed light-brown sugar
-1/4 Cup granulated Sugar
-4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-3 Cups Pecan Halves
1. Lower the oven rack to the lowest possible position. Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
2. Roll out dough and fit to a 9 inch pie plate. Leave a 1 inch overhang and fold. Use your thumb and forefinger to crimp the crust (I like to create a “V” with my thumb and pointer finger-left hand, and press into it with my other pointer finger- right hand. I continue this around the pie crust. Place prepared pie plate in the fridge.
3. Filling- Whisk: eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt until it appears smooth. Add pecans and lightly mix.
4. Remove prepared pie plate from the fridge and pour filling inside.
5.Place on baking sheet and bake 50-60 minutes (During the last part of baking, cover crust with aluminum foil or pie crust shield for about 30 minutes. This will prevent the crust from overcooking). Pie should slightly jiggle when ready!
6. Cool pie completely for 5-6 hours.