June 26, 2012
Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles-
-1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-1 tablespoon Baking Powder
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
-3 tablespoons brown sugar
-1 1/2 cup milk
-4 ripe bananas
-4 tablespoons of melted butter
-1 tablespoon of vanilla
-1/4 cup of chocolate chips
1. Place 1/2 cup of oats in a bowl and the remaining 1/2 cup of oats in a blender and chop for 15-30 seconds.
2. Pour chopped oats into the bowl with the oats and stir to combine.
3. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg & brown sugar) together on low in the blender for 15 seconds. Remove and add to oats and stir.
4. Mix the milk, eggs, bananas, butter & vanilla on medium in the blender for 30 seconds. Pour into oat mixture and stir until combined.
5. Sprinkle the chocolate chips into the batter and stir.
6. Pour 1/2 cup of batter into hot waffle iron and cook for 4 minutes.
June 25, 2012
This recipe is one of my favorites because it provides me with my own “Benihana” experience. The majority of the work for this recipe is involved in the prep time.
– 2 cups of uncooked rice
-1 lb. meat of Choice
– 2-3 Eggs
-1 small white onion
-4 green onions
– 1/2 cup of carrots
-1 tsp of garlic powder
-4 Tbsp of butter
1. White rice– Boil 4 cups of water and cook 2 cups of rice for 20 minutes. When the rice is done, pour it into a bowl and let cool for 3-4 hours in the fridge.
2. Meat– Cook your meat of choice (Steak, shrimp, chicken) in a skillet.
- Steak- Cut into strips and saute in oil for approximately 5-10 minutes over medium heat.
- Chicken- Cut into bite-size pieces and saute in oil approximately 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Shrimp- Clean and saute in butter, until pink over medium heat.
3. Egg– Scramble 2-3 eggs in a small skillet over medium heat. Separate the scrambled pieces of egg into bite-sized pieces.
4. Veggies- Dice white onion, green onions, carrots.
5. In a large bowl, combine white rice, meat, egg and veggies. Toss all of the ingredients together. Sprinkle sesame seeds and continue stirring.
6. Melt 4 Tbsp of butter. Add 1 tsp of garlic powder and stir to combine.
7. Pour garlic-butter mixture into large skillet and heat skillet add the rice, meat, egg and veggie mixture. Add 1/4 cup of soy sauce and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring often over medium heat for 10 minutes.
8. Enjoy 🙂