This recipe is one of my favorites because it provides me with my own “Benihana” experience. The majority of the work for this recipe is involved in the prep time.
– 2 cups of uncooked rice
-1 lb. meat of Choice
– 2-3 Eggs
-1 small white onion
-4 green onions
– 1/2 cup of carrots
-1 tsp of garlic powder
-4 Tbsp of butter
1. White rice– Boil 4 cups of water and cook 2 cups of rice for 20 minutes. When the rice is done, pour it into a bowl and let cool for 3-4 hours in the fridge.
2. Meat– Cook your meat of choice (Steak, shrimp, chicken) in a skillet.
- Steak- Cut into strips and saute in oil for approximately 5-10 minutes over medium heat.
- Chicken- Cut into bite-size pieces and saute in oil approximately 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Shrimp- Clean and saute in butter, until pink over medium heat.
3. Egg– Scramble 2-3 eggs in a small skillet over medium heat. Separate the scrambled pieces of egg into bite-sized pieces.
4. Veggies- Dice white onion, green onions, carrots.
5. In a large bowl, combine white rice, meat, egg and veggies. Toss all of the ingredients together. Sprinkle sesame seeds and continue stirring.
6. Melt 4 Tbsp of butter. Add 1 tsp of garlic powder and stir to combine.
7. Pour garlic-butter mixture into large skillet and heat skillet add the rice, meat, egg and veggie mixture. Add 1/4 cup of soy sauce and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring often over medium heat for 10 minutes.
8. Enjoy 🙂