Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles-
-1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-1 tablespoon Baking Powder
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
-3 tablespoons brown sugar
-1 1/2 cup milk
-4 ripe bananas
-4 tablespoons of melted butter
-1 tablespoon of vanilla
-1/4 cup of chocolate chips
1. Place 1/2 cup of oats in a bowl and the remaining 1/2 cup of oats in a blender and chop for 15-30 seconds.
2. Pour chopped oats into the bowl with the oats and stir to combine.
3. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg & brown sugar) together on low in the blender for 15 seconds. Remove and add to oats and stir.
4. Mix the milk, eggs, bananas, butter & vanilla on medium in the blender for 30 seconds. Pour into oat mixture and stir until combined.
5. Sprinkle the chocolate chips into the batter and stir.
6. Pour 1/2 cup of batter into hot waffle iron and cook for 4 minutes.